I found 50 horror movie themed Would You Rather questions on Thought Catalog, and decided it was perfect for Halloween! While answering the questions, I realized that I have quite a few horror movies that I need to watch again. I was a little rusty with a couple names, and had to look them up. Now I have spooky time homework!
1. Would you rather be stalked by Michael Myers or Freddy Krueger?
I love Freddy, but I also enjoy sleeping… Michael Myers.
2. Would you rather have every horror movie ever streaming on Netflix all the time or get a free steak dinner once per month?
I don’t eat meat so definitely horror movies on Netflix!
3. Would you rather be young enough to go trick or treating again or old enough to hide on your porch and scare the crap out of them?
Old enough to scare them!
4. Would you rather have every brilliant director add their own take to ‘Halloween’ or have the original left alone forever?
Leave it alone.
5. Would you rather have it be Halloween year round or only once a year, so you can savor it?
This is NOT a fair question. UGH. I’m going to say once a year just because I could never give up Christmas.
6. Would you rather have George Romero rise from the grave to direct one more movie, or Alfred Hitchcock?
7. Would you rather spend a night in The Overlook hotel with Jack Torrance or the high school gym during prom with Carrie?
The Overlook! I actually REALLY want to visit the Timberline Lodge in Oregon, and the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite. They both played a huge part in the setting for The Shining.
8. Would you rather have your memory wiped so you can enjoy seeing your favorite horror film again for first time, or have a new sequel made?
If I could watch the Saw movies for the first time all over again, that would be amazing. Memory wipe!
9. Would you rather be abducted by aliens or chased by a serial killer?
Abducted. I know serial killers exist, but do aliens? I could finally learn the answer!
10. If you were in the real life version of Stephen King’s ‘It’, would you rather face It as a child or an adult?
Adult for sure.
11. Would you rather be one of the survivors in Zombieland or 28 Days Later?
12. Would you rather face off against Jason or Ghostface?
13. Would you rather be locked in a haunted insane asylum or lost in the woods with a killer on the loose?
Neither!!! If I HAD to pick, probably the asylum.
14. Would you rather give a ride to The Hitcher or have The Guest stay with you?
Guest… there’s more room to fight back.
15. Would you rather deal with The Blob or The Thing?
16. Would you rather exclusively date people who love horror movies or exclusively date people who are independently wealthy?
I’m happily married to someone who only tolerates horror movies so this question doesn’t apply to me. 😛
17. Would you rather have dinner with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre family or Hannibal Lector?
Hannibal Lector because Anthony Hopkins.
18. Would you rather have your kids love reading Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark or a Stephen King book?
Stephen King all the way! That’s actually something I look forward to if we ever have kids. Introducing them to King’s classics (once they’re old enough) would make me so happy.
19. Would you rather guest star on your favorite horror movie (but there’s a chance you could die) or stay safe on the couch?
Stay safe on my couch!!! I’m clumsy. The odds would not be in my favor.
20. Would you rather wake up in the middle of the night to Pennywise or Chucky?
21. Would you rather have a pumpkin for a head or knives for hands?
Pumpkin for a head!
22. Would you rather watch the tape from The Ring or have to say ‘Candyman’ in front of a dark mirror?
I’d rather watch the tape.
23. Would you rather be Alfred Hitchcock’s production assistant or John Carpenters?
24. Would you rather be at a remote cabin and see one of The Strangers or one of the guys from Funny Games?
Funny Games! The Strangers scarred me for life.
25. Would you rather have Black Phillip for a pet or Cujo?
26. Would you rather have Tim Curry play Pennywise or Bill Skarsgård?
I like both, but Bill! He did such an incredible job, and whoever cast him as Pennywise is a genius.
27. Would you rather be in an episode of Black Mirror or Channel Zero?
28. Would you rather move into the house from Sinister or The Amityville Horror?
29. If you were in a horror movie situation, would you rather have a loaded gun or a car that you knew wouldn’t break down?
A car! I would just start driving, and never look back.
30. Would you rather have dinner with Stephen King or Wes Craven?
31. Would you rather be famous for outsmarting Jigsaw or outsmarting Hannibal Lector?
I don’t think anyone could ever outsmart Jigsaw so Hannibal.
32. Would you rather have the ability to choose which new horror movies get made every year or have an additional 15 years of life?
Additional 15 years! I love horror movies, but not that much.
33. Would you rather meet Bruce Campbell or Bela Lugosi?
34. Would you rather put all your enemies at a sleepaway camp for Jason to hunt or in a Battle Royale situation?
35. Would you rather have a million dollars and never be able to watch a horror movies again, or have to work 20 hours a week for the rest of your life but be able to watch horror whenever you wanted?
I guess I would be 80 years old and working 20 hours!
36. Would you rather have a new Scream movie or a new Sinister movie?
37. Would you rather have a zombie apocalypse or The Stand?
Zombie apocalypse. We might stand a chance for survival. Might.
38. Would you rather become a vampire or a werewolf?
Vampire! But would I sparkle like Edward?
39. Would you rather have more haunted house movies or more serial killer movies?
Haunted Houses! I actually just DESPERATELY want another season of The Haunting of Hill House.
40. Would you rather be visited by the creepy lady from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark or the pool monster from Are You Afraid of the Dark??
41. Would you rather have every horror movie scare you so much you couldn’t sleep or never be scared by one again?
Never be scared by one. Again, I like sleeping!
42. Would you rather have everyone think you were afraid of the dark or actually be afraid of the dark?
I’d rather have everyone think that I’m afraid of the dark.
43. If you were an Uber driver, would you rather have Jason Vorhees get in your backseat or Michael Myers?
44. Would you rather be a part of the X-Files team or the Ghostbusters team?
45. Would you rather be stuck in The Belko Experiment or the house from Don’t Breathe?
46. Would you rather direct any horror project you want, or have the director of your dreams do it for you?
Have the director of my dreams help! That would be so fun.
47. Would you rather be stuck in It Follows or just It?
It! You’ll float too!
48. Would you rather be in the family from Frailty or the family from Get Out?
Frailty, I guess.
49. Would you rather be a ghost and haunt anyone you want or just go to heaven?
Go to heaven! Being a ghost probably has its perks, but nothing beats eternal peace and paradise.
50. Would you rather survive a horror movie scenario but some of your friends die, or all your friends live but you get killed?
Seriously? There’s no easy way to answer this. I’d rather my friends live and I get killed. Just so long as I died in an epic, funny way.
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers! Some of them were more difficult than others. How could I possibly choose between King and Craven?!
If you have a horror loving significant other or friend, ask each other these questions! Their responses may surprise you.
All my love,
3 thoughts on “Spooky Would You Rather”
I loved this post!! We had a lot of similar answers lol
Thank you!! Great minds think alike. 😉
#22 Was TOO hard!! For some reason the tapes from the Ring really creep me out… But the whole Candyman movie was horrifying.