Happy November 1st! How was your Halloween?
I saw this tag on Kat Bouska’s blog (mamakatlosinit), and I thought it would be fun to answer some of the questions in the spirit of fall and Halloween. Feel free to join in, and answer the questions too! 😀
1. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song? This is Halloween is a must, but I also love the music from Saw. Gives me chills every single time.
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building. There’s so many things I wouldn’t want to run into! I would have to say the nun from The Conjuring or Twisty from AHS Freakshow.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board? NO. I don’t think anyone should be “playing” with it. It’s dangerous, and wrong on so many levels.
4. Favorite horror monster or villain? Jigsaw. I also love Loki, Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Jafar and Ultron… but I don’t really consider them scary.
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone? My hubby, Penelope and I were staying in a hotel room in San Diego, and the second we opened the door, something felt off. Our dog LOVES hotel rooms, and is usually happy and jumping off the walls to be there. When we opened the door, she immediately ran behind a chair in the corner of the room, and it was a struggle to get her to leave that spot. I didn’t sleep much that night, if at all. It felt like someone was watching me. Then in the morning after my hubby had left, I was listening to a Joyce Meyer podcast while getting ready. It played for about five minutes uninterrupted, but once Joyce started talking about God, it randomly stopped. I checked the wifi, the signal on my phone, the app itself… everything was perfectly fine. I must’ve hit play a hundred times, but nothing worked. I had never experienced that problem with a podcast, and to this day, I have never had that happen again. Call me crazy, but that whole hotel room was creepy. I firmly believe that dogs sense things that humans can’t, and Penelope acting SO out of character that night was enough for me to believe that something was VERY wrong.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it? If I was alone, no. If I had a companion and was getting paid a significant sum, I would consider it.
7. Are you superstitious? No, but I do believe that you reap what you sow.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision? Yes, but I usually realize it’s just my cat!
9. Which urban legend scares you the most? Slenderman.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers? A little bit of both.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds? I believe in heaven and hell.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort? Does a homemade face mask count?
13. Do you get scared easily? Yes.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary? No, but flashback Mary scares me even more!
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil? Absolutely.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do? Grab a weapon.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose? Underworld, Resident Evil or Psycho.
18. If you could only wear one halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be? I actually really like the one I’m wearing in the photos! But I also love my Beetlejuice costume.
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night? Yes! Why not?
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice? Some sort of melee weapon so I don’t need to worry about running out of ammo.
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating? Halloween party!
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer? I think I would be a mix of the comic relief and the first to die.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep? No. I have to watch something happy after watching a sad movie.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep? The person with their eyes covered!
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring? Definitely the one who gets scared.
26. Favorite scary book? Not sure if this classifies as scary, but Doctor Sleep by Stephen King.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie? I honestly don’t remember. I was in my teens. That’s all I know.
28. What was your first Halloween costume? Pebbles Flintstone!
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year? I was a lot of things! An elf, Silent Hill nurse, Captain Hook…
30. If you could have a spooky halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick? I already have a black cat so probably an owl!
All my love,